There’s just something about a new year that makes new habits and new attitudes appealing. Of course, everyone wants to greet the first few pages of a new calendar with optimism and determination, but time passing is also a reminder that trends and attitudes can change swiftly. So, if you’re ready to take your marketing to the next level, keep an eye on what digital marketing trends are generating attention and what’s heading out for 2023.
Digital Marketing Trends for 2023
- Social Media Platforms – While Facebook remains in the top spot, look for Instagram and TikTok to surpass it in terms of popularity for digital marketing trends. Twitter will move into 2023 carrying less weight than in years past. Want to put your social media presence on the fast track for what has the potential to be the next big thing? Keep an eye on BeReal, which is expected to explode in popularity.
- Automation Tools – There are only so many hours in the day, and most to-do lists seem to be ever-expanding. It’s time to work smarter, not harder! You can set up tools for each step of the buyer’s journey. For example, automated, targeted emails add a personal touch along the way without adding more to your plate daily.
- Voice Search – One big shift that will continue to impact is a rapidly growing preference for voice search versus typing into a search engine. This means it’s time to reconsider how you structure keywords to ensure they match how people speak.
- Audience Engagement – Producing great content isn’t enough in today’s marketing climate. Reach out to potential customers and start a conversation through your social media to help make a sale; it may be more time-consuming, but it produces far better results than just producing an endless wheel of content.
- Real-Time Messaging Formats – People are in a hurry, and decisions can be made in an instant. They don’t want to wait, and they don’t want to hunt down an answer. With the option to send and receive quick messages, people are more likely to engage with your brand.
- Interactive Content – Add a question, a quiz, a poll or a contest to your website or social media. People love seeing the results and how they measure up with the crowd; just like real-time messaging, it drives all-important audience engagement and boosts sales.
- Text-Only Hero Banner – Want your tagline to really stand out? Use a simple, text-only hero banner. Sometimes words do speak louder than pictures!
- Shoppable Social Posts – Incredible growth in the e-commerce sector has been driven by the incorporation of shoppable social media posts. Give your audience the opportunity to love what they see while scrolling their feed and easily buy it on the spot.
- Video and Reels – Last but most popular: video is king! Reels, TikTok, YouTube and all forms of quick videos featuring your business will attract the masses. Short-form videos will continue to dominate social media, making reels and similar content a great way to get important information in front of people. Right now, people can’t get enough short-form videos across various social media apps. Capitalizing on this continued popularity is a wise marketing move.
Online marketing can feel like a perpetually moving target, but it doesn’t have to be that way. With an expert on your side, it’s easy to stay on top of digital marketing trends. But to stay on top, you need the very best, and when it comes to marketing innovation, that’s Eviva Media. We stay on the cutting edge of digital marketing trends so you can focus on what you do best. Take the first steps towards boosting your engagement, reach, and your sales by contacting our team today.