Everyone is gearing up for this holiday season. How will your small business stand out through the chaos? We put together some holiday marketing ideas geared towards small businesses who want cost effective ideas to reach local audiences. Enjoy!
- Connect with other, similar, local businesses to cross promote your sales, specials. Utilize social media to share each other’s pages, have handouts/posters at each other’s businesses.
- Engage with families! Have Santa visit your business and make an event out of it. Even better if you can team up with other businesses and help each other out. Set up a photo booth and hire a photographer for donations.
- Make your customers’ lives easier. Offer gift wrapping.
- Get your customers into the holiday spirit by playing Christmas music and having light scents of the holidays throughout your store.
- Reward purchases with a free gift/gift card. Encourage customers to shop for their friends/family and get a treat for themselves!
- Host a Holiday themed coloring contest for the kids.
- Have a special promotion each day for the “12 Days of Christmas”.
- Share an exclusive coupon for members of your email lists.
- Create special pages on your website that list gift ideas found at your shop and use those for print and digital advertisements.
- Offer holiday snacks in your store: Hot chocolate and cookies!
- Get involved with a local nonprofit and have a donation drive.
- Amp up your paid online advertising to make sure people who are searching for you online find your website.
- Promote gift cards with a special holiday display for the “hard-to-shop-for”
- Remarket to visitors who have been to your website to keep your business top of mind throughout the season.
- Create gift baskets, especially if you sell locally sourced or unique items.
If you haven’t begun to create your marketing plan for this season we hope our list of holiday marketing ideas was helpful. If you need an extra hand in sorting through all the options or implementing your marketing strategy we are always here to help.